Custom Event Creations

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Custom Event Creations

After lots of encouragement from family & friends I've decided to start my own business.  WooHoo!!!!
I've made paper crafts for family weddings & events and received lots of positive comments on my work.  I love crafting with paper, searching for great ideas, and creating a custom product for each individual event.


My first venture was my sisters wedding two years ago.  I made their wedding programs, menus, place cards, favor tags & table number cards.  You can read more about those details here.



A year later I hosted her baby shower and created lots of fun details for the party.  I made buffet/food tent cards, candy jar tags, favor bags, welcome sign, and other items for custom games. You can read my post about her baby shower here.





Then came her son's christening (here) ...


 
...and my daughters 1st communion (here).


A prewedding event was the next opportunity for me get my crafty on...you can see the other details of this event in this post here..




Another wedding...this time for my sister in Cali!  If you want to see more check out this post.



I've had lots of practice creating these custom event creations for my family!  But the decision was finally made when a friend of mine, who is just starting her event planning business, asked me to create a couple favor samples for an upcoming event that she was planning for a client.  I did some research and made this favor.  You can see the original on pinterest.

Green apple w/brickle dip

I also made this sample favor...again the inspiration was found on pinterest.

Trail mix

This client has an exquisite farm complete with Clydesdale horses that caters to weddings & other events.   She is having an open house event at the end of the month & inviting many wedding vendors to showcase their products.  They loved the favor idea I created for them.  I was asked to make 100 apple favors for the open house.

The winner!

We decided to go with Apple Brickle Dip because we could just fill the decorative wide mouth mason jar with the dry ingredients.  This prevents us from having to keep 100 favors cold.  On the top of the lid we will include the recipe with the other ingredients needed to complete the recipe.

They also asked me to create a candy buffet complete with my handmade buffet tags for the open house.  Yay!!! I'm thrilled but also a little bit nervous. ;)

This opportunity really put everything into perspective for me.  So I started working on my business...coming up with a name, creating business cards & setting up an etsy shop.

 I am super excited about the start of my business...Custom Event Creations!!

Please check out my etsy shop out at http://www.etsy.com/shop/CustomEventCreations

So although I have not been busy with creating Cents-able Spaces lately, I have been busy being creative!!




 I'm linking up to:
Scissors & Spatulas

Delightful Order

House of Hepworths

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I love this kind of stuff. I wish I just had time to spend on being crafty. Everything looks wonderful. Cheers to great success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you, AnnMarie! I know you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your new venture and I love what you've done so far! Thanks for linking up to our Pretty Things Party. Hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete