Custom Event Creations

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

New venture & 1st communion

I realize I started this blog as a place to write about my home improvement projects however there haven't been many projects going on around here...or at least completed projects.  :)
 
We had a full summer this year.  All three kids continued their sports throughout the summer months (well with the exception of Jake who broke his big toe along his growth plate & was in a boot for 4 weeks).  We also visited family in NJ, had friends visit us here in NC, enjoyed a week in Myrtle Beach, SC and another week in the Outerbanks of NC.  

In the midst of our busy summer we did decide to move the kids bedrooms around.  I talked about our unused craft space in a previous post here.  We moved my 14 year old out of his "tiny" room into our daughters room.   Since her room was pink & green we had to repaint before he moved in.  I was able to repaint the room & move the furniture around but that's as far as I got.  I haven't decorated my son's room or painted my daughter's room.  We really wanted to live like this for a little while to be sure before making more changes spending more money.  I will share the completed rooms as soon as they are....well...completed! :)

I've also been pretty busy with another creative venture.  I've shared the details of my sisters wedding here and her baby shower here.  I really enjoy creating paper products & making parties and special events even more special with the little details.  I've received many wonderful compliments on things I've made from family & friends.  With their encouragement I've decided to open an Etsy shop.  I'll give you more details about my shop soon and share with you some of the events I've been working on this summer.

One of the special events I worked on was my daughter's 1st Holy Communion. Okay...so maybe it was waaaaaay back in May and I'm finally getting around to sharing it with you. Our amazing photographer & friend took pictures of her special day.

 







I snapped this one as we were leaving the church.  Although sometimes my kids fight like cats & dogs...there are these moments when you know how they truly feel about each other. 



We had a small party for family & friends at our house.   Here is the dessert display and really the only area I decorated. 




I made the tissue paper pom poms and hung them with white ribbon from the ceiling.  Because they weren't as easy as I thought they would be to make and I want to enjoy them for as long as possible... they may just still be hanging as I write this tonight. 



I found this beautiful paisley paper and used it for her party.  I made tent cards to label the foods on the dessert table.





I used the same pretty paper to make cupcake picks.



I think by adding a few pretty paper creations to the area it adds some elegance to the event.  What do you think? 




2 comments:

  1. You always do an amazing job and E's communion was the latest! Much success in your new venture! Now work on football ideas for B!
    xoxo
    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love the paper pom hanging balls! looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete